Friday, April 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's been a week since the last post but we haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We were just in Omaha (close, but not the same). We figured if we are going to be living there, we should probably find a place to live. We had a good time and are thankful to the Vernons for letting us stay with them. House shopping in Omaha (Split-level Capitol of the World) was quite an adventure, especially for us ranch-style people. After 5 days of looking, we did find a house that we really love that actually has rooms at entry level. We were hoping to find a house that was fairly new and in good condition but we ended up getting a house that is brand new. It was just finished a few weeks ago and is ready and waiting for us to move in. It's a pretty two story house (they call the outside color 'Harvest Wheat' but I think 'Dead Grass' is more appropriate.). We're hoping it looks better when the grass is green...

The kitchen has a dishwasher, which I am really excited about and it also has a double garage which I'm sure Andy is excited about. We feel really blessed to find this house and we can't wait for six more weeks until we can move in! Some of you have already asked for pictures so here's a few. These pictures in no way excuse you from visiting us to see the rest of the house. We are up on a hill and will have beautiful sunsets from our deck so you need to come and see that. Also, I am decoration impared so those of you that have style are welcom to give me some tips on what to do with all these bare walls!




5 comments:

Jana said...

You're right, it's the exact same color as the dead grass. I guess that's what harvest wheat is . . . dead grass. :) It looks like a very cute and comfortable house, though!

Jessica said...

LOVE the new house!! It's so cute.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home! I am so happy for you! Congrats!

Mandy said...

Jill... I love your house!!! I am so excited for you guys. I love your kitchen. Congrats guys!!!

Jes said...

I would totally love to come visit you! For real. I'll email you.