Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pilgrimage to Mecca

Well, I know that Jill usually is the one to run this blog, but on the off chance that there are some people that want to see what we do other than with Eden, I will tell of one such adventure... My friend, Micah, and I have been talking about making the trip down to Chicago to see a baseball game at Wrigley Field since we moved here almost four years ago. We finally buckled down and did it. (How can you live so close to such a historic place and not visit it at least once?) So, we found a nice afternoon game and went down for the day. It ended up being a great day even though there was a 50% of rain. I just wish that the ivy would have been growing so that the wall would have been green instead of a bunch of dead-looking twigs.

We had tons of fun. We had loud and abnoxious Met fans on our left and a couple that couldn't keep their hands off of each other the whole time on our right. Micah even got beer sloshed on him. The Cubs beat the Mets 8-1 much to the dismay of our fellow row mates. If any of you get the chance to catch a game at Wrigley, I would highly recommend it. It is a great experience, even if you don't like the Cubs!!



1 comment:

Jessica said...

I LOVE Wrigley Field!! It's definitely an experience and one everyone should have. I'm hoping to get back there in August. Go Cubbies!