Monday, April 7, 2008

Calling All Super Readers


I just finished a book that was really good, which is something that doesn't happen as often as I wish it did. It was called 'The Eight' by Katherine Neville. It's a sort of Indiana Jones/Robert Langdon story except the main character is a woman (and overall I don't think it's quite as violent and gory). Anyway, the main reason I bring this up is because I finished it and now I need something else good to read. I have a book list a mile long but nothing on it sounds good at the moment or I can't find it at the library. So tell me what to read next! What do you like?

Oh, I also recently read a book called 'Portrait of an Unknown Woman' and that was really good too. So now you have two new books to read. Leave me a comment! What should I read?

2 comments:

Angelfish said...

There is a series by Tasha Alexander - it is Jane Austen period - but mysteries. I enjoyed them - they were pretty fluffy - nothing substantial but fun. I think the first is called "And Only to Deceive", the second is "A Poisoned Season", the third is coming out this summer.

Another fun series is by Patricia Wrede - the first book is called "Sorcery and Cecilia - or the Enchanted Chocolate Pot" - they are also Jane Austen era - but are written as if magic was a commonplace thing. More light fluff - but fun! :) - they are all listed with my goodreads books.

If you are looking for a classic - I really liked the Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte - I hated Wuthering Heights - but this one was pretty good.

ENJOY!! I'll have to try your suggestions as soon as school is out!

Anonymous said...

Book suggestion - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. This is the first in a series that deals with Greek Mythology in modern day. My students recommended it to me and Arica and I have both enjoyed it.