Wednesday, June 29, 2011

House hunting in Las Vegas

Hello all.  I know that it has been over three years since I (Andy) have posted something on this blog, but I felt that it was time that I contribute again.  I finally finished residency last week.  My parents came out for graduation and while they were there, they were nice enough to help us pack the house and drive all of our stuff half way across the country.  We took all of our stuff to Las Vegas.  Jill and I then spent a couple of days looking for a place to live there.  Here are a couple of pictures of places that we looked at:

(Too french)
(Too many naked women statues)
(Too many rats in the dungeons)

Since none of those places actually worked out, we'll have to keep looking...  Eden is very excited about having a pool since it is hot in Las Vegas.  So we had to make sure that we found a good pool for us.  Rachel also seemed to like the pool option.



We are also looking forward to getting to know our new neighbors!  I can't wait until they bring over some house warming gifts!!



We will also need to furnish our place, so we went out to try and find some cool stuff for us.  We had seen that this place had a lot of cool things!!




We had a lot of fun and are now back in Utah for a vacation before I start my job.  We are very excited to get back down to Las Vegas though and see what all the desert has in store for us!!!



4 comments:

Me said...

Looks like fun! We can't wait to have you guys here in Utah!

Stephanie said...

That post is hilarious. Yeah, we could use some neighbors like that too to bring us gifts. And what do you have against the French? At least with that place you wouldn't have to worry about hanging Christmas lights.

The Howards said...

Funny post Andy! Now did you really even go looking for houses or were you sight-seeing the whole time?? :) I'm glad to see you made it out safely during the rain storm! Have a great month off before going back to the grind!

melbel said...

Oh my goodness! You are going to have a lot more stories to tell once you've moved in. Miss you all!