Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Night

It's been a little while since we posted, but we're back online again and I have a few posts to do in the next few days. To begin with: Halloween. Eden wanted to dress up like Olivia, a pig from one of her favorite books. She didn't go for the pig snout and ears but she still looks adorable. I thought it turned out really well. Thanks again, Grammy, for making her cute dress. It was a big hit. For those of you who have read the Olivia books, you can kind of get an idea what Eden's personality is like. And she does know at least 40 Very Loud Songs.



We weren't sure how Eden would take to trick or treating so we talked about it for a few days in advance so we could prepare her. She was so excited when Halloween actually came she spent all day asking when she could go trick or treating. She ran up to every house we visited and held out her bag for candy and always said 'Thank you'. Then she would run up to us and tell us she wanted to go to another house. We were out for about an hour and she raked in the candy. She didn't want to take her dress off last night and she was disappointed when we told her we couldn't go again today. By the way, does anyone know how to get a two year old off a sugar high? She's been buzzing all day.


On another note, we finally got some furniture for our living room. We actually got it about a month ago but I just took the pictures. Here's our sofa and part of the love seat. We don't have pictures hanging up yet or a coffee table, but for those of you who wanted to see them, here they are. They aren't quite as pink as they look in the pictures. We're really happy to have them.

3 comments:

Connie said...

I love the furniture. You're brave to buy something so light. My kids get the furniture dirty so quickly I don't think I'll buy anything that light for a while.

Connie said...

Oh yeah, and that costume is the cutest. Glad you had a fun Halloween. (I was thinking that was a different post so that's why I didn't comment on it with my other comment.) As for getting a kid off a sugar high...I don't know but if you find out, I'd love to know.

Melissa said...

Eden is so adorable in her costume! I can't believe she was so anxious to go trick-or-treating and that she lasted so long! That is pretty atypical for a 2-year old. Nathan was done after a few houses and couldn't wait to get his Nemo costume off. Kids are so funny! I hope you are enjoying Omaha...hopefully the winters there are a little more mild than Wisconsin winters :)