Friday, August 22, 2008

Car Wash

I've had a few people ask me to post more pictures of our house so I took a couple pictures last weekend while Andy and Eden were washing the car. Eden proved to be more fun to take pictures of so I ended up with more pictures of her than of the house. She was also a challenge because if I got close enough, she tried to get me wet. I should have put her in her swimsuit for this endeavor...



Anyhow, I got a few pictures of the house too. I realized I didn't take any pictures inside the house though. Those will have to wait for another post. Back in June while I was in Utah we had a HUGE storm blow through Omaha. Andy was at home that day and called to tell me about it right after it happened and I'm SO glad I wasn't here for it. Our bishop said he's lived here for 11 years and that was the worst storm he's seen so it's comforting to know that isn't normal weather. I don't believe it was an actual tornado, but it blew over fences and power lines and stop lights and flooded our neighborhood. It also hailed really hard. We live on a bit of a hill so we didn't have anyone in front of us or behind us for shelter. We had all the screens on the back of our house ripped from the windows and the hail broke one of the basement windows. We also had the hail punch holes in the framing around the windows. It also did some damage to our roof and slid our a/c unit off it's pad and damaged the side of it. A lot of other houses had even more damage, so we're thankful that this is all we had to deal with. If you look at the pictures from the back of our house, you can see our screens hanging off some of the windows. We're in the process of getting everything put back together. Thankfully our home owners insurance will cover most of the damage, but it is still crazy to think our house isn't even a year old and it is getting a new roof and new windows. Gotta love the Midwest!


1 comment:

Steph said...

What a cute place!