Saturday, March 19, 2011

For those of you who don't keep up on this kind of thing, today is National Quilting Day. So I decided to do a non-child related post for a change and post some of the quilts I have made in the past year. So far, I've pretty much stuck with baby quilts (although you may note that these quilts vary quite a bit in size). In fact, Rachel's quilt is big enough for three or four babies. I guess she'll be able to use it until she's a teenager. Quilting is something I love doing, but never seem to have much time to do. I'm looking forward to having a house with a sewing room/playroom that I can work in while the kiddos play.














And since I can't do a post that is totally free of children, here's a picture of Rachel showing off her quilt and her chunky little thighs. She's 5 months old already!

6 comments:

Jes said...

Phoebe and I like the 4th one the best.

I would love to learn to quilt. How did you get started?

Me said...

Jill, you are amazing! Not that I'm surprised, seeing your mom's sewing stuff when we were growing up, but totally impressed.

Angelfish said...

Wow! That is impressive! You need to teach a quilting class when you are back in town! :)

Stephanie said...

Six quilts in a year seems like you have plenty of time to quilt. How many quilts are you going to turn out when you have a sewing room? 356? Hmm. They are all very beautiful.

MeLynn and Greg said...

I'm very fond of the windmill one. They're all very cute. I've been working on a sampler quilt for... um, almost 2 years, so I'm very impressed with everything you've done in 1 year.

melbel said...

You're amazing. That's all. Oh, and don't move away. All that sewing is inspirational and maybe I'll pull out my sewing machine one day.