Friday, December 3, 2010

Rachel's Blessing


Andy's parents were here visiting for Thanksgiving so we decided to bless Rachel while they were here. Rachel didn't cry at all and Andy did a good job and didn't surprise me by changing her name at the last minute.

My mom made my blessing dress and I have always thought that was really special so I wanted to make a dress for Rachel. I thought it turned out pretty good, considering I have never made a blessing dress before. It was pretty long and Andy had trouble finding where Rachel ended and the dress kept going. Marcia made the pretty afghan for Rachel and we used it when she was blessed as well. We love our little Rachel Elizabeth!




3 comments:

The Howards said...

The dress turned out beautiful! She looked so darling. What a great day for your family!

MeLynn and Greg said...

Oh my goodness! That dress is amazing! I thought the quilt was beautiful but I am so impressed with the dress. What a neat thing to do. That dress will probably become a family treasure getting passed down through the generations.

Paul and Kimberly Morrison Family said...

I'm sure Rachel will love knowing that her mom made her blessing dress. She may even want her own daughters blessed in the dress grandma made. What a fun memory.