Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eden's Turn

I'm a little behind, but I can't forget to do a post about my Eden girl.  She turned 6 years old on September 16 and I can't believe the time has gone so fast.  Eden is such a sweet girl and we're so lucky to have her in our family.  She started first grade at the end of August.  It was a rough week for us (school started on Monday, we moved into our new house Tuesday, and things were just kind of chaotic that week).  She was nervous to start "full day" school in a new school where she didn't know anyone but she did such a good job.  She loves her teacher, has made new friends and has even been brave and tried school lunch (some days are better than others).  Her favorite things to do in school are music and art, and although she complains about having to run laps in P.E., she loved learning to play soccer and said she likes to be the goalie.  She's getting really good at math and her handwriting is improving a lot too.  Her teacher told us she is the best reader in the class, which isn't a surprise to us, but it's nice to hear anyway.

We went to Utah the weekend of Eden's birthday and she got to celebrate her special day with our family.  I think she really enjoyed having so many people there for her birthday.  She has talked about it a lot since then.  It was nice because she has never had any of our extended family visiting us on her birthday before.  She had a lot of fun playing with cousins and she even got to miss a couple days of school for an extra long weekend.

Eden loves to do art projects and she is always asking me to let her help with sewing projects too.  During this last general conference I showed her how to do some basic embroidery and she sat by me on the couch and worked on her sewing.  She was very proud of what she did (I was too) and she had a lot of fun. 




Eden is such a good big sister.  Andy and I love watching her and Rachel play together.  They like to giggle together and play house.  I can tell they are going to be good friends as they grow older and Eden is a good example to her little sister.  She is also really good at helping me take care of Liam.  She loves to hold him and she can get him to giggle more often than anyone else can.  He lights up when Eden walks into the room.  It's really cute.  


She is still growing like a weed.  She's going to be taller than me before I know it.  When we took her to her doctor last week he told us she is the height of an average 8 1/2 year old!  We're so glad to have Eden in our family.  She is so much fun to be with.  We love taking her on mommy and daddy "dates" each month.  Any has taken her to the aquarium and mini golfing and to the pumpkin patch and I have taken her to see "Brave" and to get pedicures and frozen yogurt.  We have a really fun time and it's nice to get a chance to have some one on one time with her.  I'm so proud of her for the things she does and I'm so glad to be her mom!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

An 8 1/2 old? That is crazy. She is such a pretty girl. The saddest thing happened yesterday; Lauren was talking about Tyson moving and then she asked me what her friend's name was that moved really far away. She was talking about Eden.